Updated as at 11 August 2016
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires that we inform parents about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age; that we obtain the consent of parents in order for children under 13 years of age to use certain features of our Website; and that we provide parents access to their child's personal information to review and/or have the information deleted.
1. What types of children's personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information Zapzapmath will collect about a child are as follows:
- screen name or user name where it functions as online contact information;
- including a cookie number, an IP address, a processor or device serial number, or a unique device identifier;
- geolocation information sufficient to identify a street name and city or town; or
- other information about the child or parent that is collected from the child and is combined with one of these identifiers.
2. How do we collect children's personal information?
Prior to a child being able to use Zapzapmath's Services, the parent or teacher must register the child on the Website. It is only during this registration process that the parent or teacher will be asked to provide and enter personal information of the child to Zapzapmath. It is the parent or teacher who will enter and provide personal information of the child and Zapzapmath does not solicit any personal information from the child at any time.
After the registration process is completed, Zapzapmath DOES NOT collect personal information from the children directly or indirectly when using on our Website or mobile applications.
3. Are there third party operators that collect personal information on or through us?
The following is a list of third party tools or operators that collect or maintain the children's personal information through our Website or Services:
- OneSignal Notification (https://onesignal.com/privacy_policy) – OneSignal., a U.S. company located at 2194 Esperanca Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95054, privacy@OneSignal.com.
- Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/) – 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States., https://www.google.com/contact/.
- We Built It Sdn Bhd - No. 51-2F, Jalan Todak 4 Seberang Jaya Perai Penang Malaysia, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mixpanel (https://mixpanel.com/privacy/) - Mixpanel, Inc., a U.S company located at 405 Howard St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 9410, email@example.com
4. How do we use and share the personally identifiable information we have collected about children?
The children's personal information collected will be used to:
- enable a registration for the Services,
The children's personal information will not be shared with any third parties apart from the third party operators mentioned above.
In addition, Zapzapmath may disclose or share a children's personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to respond to judicial process, or to the extent permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety. We will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to consume or participate in the Services or to effect the above purposes.
5. How can parents access, change, or delete personally identifiable information about their children?
Zapzapmath will provide the parent, upon request by email (stated below), the children's personal information collected, used and retained by Zapzapmath.
The parent can also refuse to permit us to collect further personal information from their child and can request that any personal information we have collected be deleted from our records. The parent may also agree to the collection and use of the children's personal information but not allow our disclosure to the third parties, unless such disclosure is essential for us to provide the Services. Depending upon what the parent requests, it may be necessary to delete a child's registration or account completely.
In addition to the above, the parent can contact us to access, change, or delete the children's personal information by sending a request to the following:
Visual Math Interactive Sdn Bhd
Address: D-65-3, Jaya One, 72A, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, MALAYSIA
Telephone: 603-7932 5023
We ask that you please include the child's name, the Zap Zap Code and the parent's email address in your request.
If you need further assistance, please send your questions or comments to the contact details above.